Invisible Woman Speaks

Invisible Woman Speaks

Welcome

Hi visitors! This blogsite is really intended to be a place for freedom of expression which I find I need in my life right now. It's my honest viewpoint, you may be able to see it and you might not. Your comments and opinions are welcome. IW

About Me

I'm a forty something happily married housewife, proud to be mom and homeschool teacher. Generic American variety. I am also invisible....well sort of

Credits

Original artwork by Melody Wilson. :)

This template made by and copyright cmbs
To every thing there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven. Eccl. 3:1

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

About This World

I find that mostly I feel like I’m very out of touch with the world I live in. I spend most of my time focused on our family and our corner of the world seems to be quite small. The only contact I have with most of the world is through the television. I’ve been watching the news more lately, just to know what’s happening.

I don’t mind being disconnected, because overall I really don’t like the world I live in. Most of the things they consider newsworthy is not what I think of as being terribly significant. I am often amazed as I watch television. I wonder things like, why does anyone care what dress or outfit a movie star is wearing? Does this really matter to people? Why do couples get married without having discussions about things like whether or not they want children? Really? This happens? I’ve tried even watching Dr. Phil, and I am just amazed at how many people need this guy to tell them that they are selfish and are not behaving properly. Really? You thought it was okay to lie to everyone that cares about you? What the hell is wrong with this world? Why do people think it’s so important to wear expensive clothes or to have the perfect body? Why do democrats and republicans keep bickering back and forth like immature children? Really? You both want to have what you think is power and run our country, but my 12 year old can see right through you, so who do you think you’re kidding? Stop your childishness! Why is it okay to talk about gay rights, but it’s not okay to talk about what is right and what is wrong? Why don’t people respect each other? Why don’t people actually talk to each other with the desire to understand? Why is the only topic of conversation supposed to be meaningless drivel that has no value for anyone?

Who the hell cares about what happened on the latest reality show? I’m amazed! Either I live in a very disgustingly superficial, materialistic culture, which is sadly lacking in some basic communication skills, or I just have a very distorted view of things. Our movie stars have become the Gods of today. So much so that apparently they are the current advertising trend. Why does someone who makes million dollars a year need to be given a $50,000 dress to wear? Well so other people with more money than brains will go out and buy it of course! Silly me, and I think it’s all a total waste.

I saw a program last week where some scientists have been spending lots of time (and money) trying to decipher exactly what Neil Armstrong said when he walked on the moon. Was it “One small step for man, one giant step for mankind” or was it “One small step for a man, one giant step for mankind” How much money and time has been spent over that “a”? And what difference does it make? Really? This was big news? Man, how desperate are we for something to do? I’m amazed at what people consider to be an important cause. Do you know I found a website dedicated to the danger of lip balm? Really, chapstick is a major issue for some people. I just think if you don’t like chapstick, don’t use it. Am I just being too logical? I go through life being constantly amazed, by what I see on television, the internet and even in the people around me.

What’s really important? I guess the answer to that will depend entirely on who you ask. It would seem that some people think it’s the car, you drive, or the clothes you wear, or your job, or who you are seen with. Some people will say it’s family, or quality of life. I guess it will differ depending on the life you have lived, and what has been most significant to you. I cannot say what is important to others.

I can say what I think. I believe that this world, all of it, is not as important as everyone seems to want it to be. I think this material world is not my home. I’m here on a temporary assignment, so all the little games and power trips seem pretty insignificant. I’m here simply to do my time. I am here to serve God, and be the best wife and mom I can be. So, I will do that and try to enjoy it and appreciate all of it, as much as I am able, until He gives me another assignment. When my work in this world is done, I will go Home and be with God. I'm looking forward to it. This place is way too messed up.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Hey. If you figure it out, will you let me know?

It is pretty scary that the people running our country are a bunch of greedy children and nobody is actually looking out for our interests. So I try not to think about it.

And here's a tip: Your life would be much improved if you never missed an episode of Big Brother. Just so you know.