Invisible Woman Speaks

Invisible Woman Speaks

Welcome

Hi visitors! This blogsite is really intended to be a place for freedom of expression which I find I need in my life right now. It's my honest viewpoint, you may be able to see it and you might not. Your comments and opinions are welcome. IW

About Me

I'm a forty something happily married housewife, proud to be mom and homeschool teacher. Generic American variety. I am also invisible....well sort of

Credits

Original artwork by Melody Wilson. :)

This template made by and copyright cmbs
To every thing there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven. Eccl. 3:1

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Woe is Me, Just call me Woe

Once again the headache is back. With it I get to have my throat swell up so it hurts to move and to talk. Damn it! I like talking! It's my favorite pass-time. This is not fun.

Don't you hate it when people say "How are you today?" but they don't really care how you are. Why do you ask? Do you want to really know? And this opens a huge can of worms. Do you want to know how my crazy mood is today? Do you want to know how my body is today? Do you want to know my current emotional state? Clearly I'm taking it way too seriously. I just don't like to lie and the question usually makes me stop and think about how I am today. I'm feeling sorry for myself, or I'm lonely, or I need a break! My body hurts just about every day, so that's actually just a normal condition for me, but I'm not likely to explain it to the grocery clerk who just asked because she's trying to be polite. I'm probably going to say, "I'm fine." Which is really code for "It's not really any of your business and I don't think you care anyway." Sometimes if I'm feeling really unwell, like today, I'll say how I really feel. But although I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself, I really don't like to talk about it.

So, the good news is that although my body, head and throat are all bugging me, I'm actually not feeling too down this time. Trying to stay optimistic and see the bright side of things. At least the weather is cooling down, which means there should be an end to the allergies soon. There is supposed to be a storm coming through today, I like storms they help me to relax. I like the sound of thunder and the rain coming down somehow it calms me.

2 comments:

Christine said...

The storm that came through here yesterday? Yeah. It's hot and muggy today. Very.

Oh damn. Am I being pissy again?

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found you through daybyday :) Really great blog, I've been reading a few of your post.

Hope you are having a great day!

www.simplydawnmarie.com