Invisible Woman Speaks

Invisible Woman Speaks

Welcome

Hi visitors! This blogsite is really intended to be a place for freedom of expression which I find I need in my life right now. It's my honest viewpoint, you may be able to see it and you might not. Your comments and opinions are welcome. IW

About Me

I'm a forty something happily married housewife, proud to be mom and homeschool teacher. Generic American variety. I am also invisible....well sort of

Credits

Original artwork by Melody Wilson. :)

This template made by and copyright cmbs
To every thing there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven. Eccl. 3:1

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Wednesday What? #1

What is up with people calling and not leaving their company name or why they called on the message? For some reason we get calls from "toll free number" . They don't always leave a message and when they do they will not say who they are, what company they represent or why they are calling. Do these people really think I will call them back?

I love caller id. We rarely pick up the phone anymore if we don't know who's calling. Even if the name doesn't appear, it will give me clues like, the city and state they are calling from. Usually it will say the name of the business, or the last name of the caller. Even when it's from a pay phone, my phone says "pay phone" and gives the number. This is great! Because even if I don't know exactly who is using the pay phone, I know that someone in town is calling me from one, so it must be important, and I'll pick up.

I never pick up if the phone says "toll free number". Who are you? Are you calling to sell me something? I don't want you to call and try to sell me something. Why are you hiding behind "toll free number"? Why not have the name of the company so I can call you back if I want to? And by the way, leaving your number and saying "please call..." doesn't tell me who you are, or what you want, so don't expect me to call you. I have better things to do with my time.

2 comments:

Twisted Cinderella said...

I love caller ID as well. It makes it so much easier. I only have it on one of the phones in the house at the moment and I will walk by a perfectly good phone to get to the one with caller id. LOL.

Cory said...

I can totally understand that. I have just my cell so I only get a phone number. But that phone number tells me a lot.
Of course, what's really funny is when you get very private messages for other people.