Invisible Woman Speaks

Invisible Woman Speaks

Welcome

Hi visitors! This blogsite is really intended to be a place for freedom of expression which I find I need in my life right now. It's my honest viewpoint, you may be able to see it and you might not. Your comments and opinions are welcome. IW

About Me

I'm a forty something happily married housewife, proud to be mom and homeschool teacher. Generic American variety. I am also invisible....well sort of

Credits

Original artwork by Melody Wilson. :)

This template made by and copyright cmbs
To every thing there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven. Eccl. 3:1

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Shoes

Why are shoes so uncomfortable? I don't much like shoes. Mostly I walk around barefoot whenever possible. If I'm not barefoot I like to cuddle up with a nice pair of cozy slippers.

Slippers are so wonderful. They cuddle and gently hug my feet. They are nice and warm and soft. Shoes however are the anti-slipper. Shoes are hard and mean and hurt my feet. Doesn't matter which shoes I'm wearing. I have many many pairs. Some for dressing up in dresses, some for walking around with my jeans, some for that in the middle casual look. I know that without shoes I would step on rocks and hot cement and it would be painful, however every time I wear shoes I end up in pain by the end of the day. I can walk around my house barefooted for days and no pain at all. Once the shoes go on, the pain is back.

Today I'm having happy day. It's chilly enough outside to wear my comfy slippers. I'm home doing housework. My feet are happy. I'm happy.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I'm grateful for so many things. I've got a list going. Mostly I'm grateful for my family, our home, my loving relationship with God, and of course the dog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am almost always barefoot. LOL.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Ooooh, I so agree. I hate shoes. I am always either barefoot, wearing thongs (flip-flops), or runners (sports shoes ... not that I do any sports, the shoes are just nice and comfy, like slippers !!).
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Have a great week.
Take care, Meow