Invisible Woman Speaks

Invisible Woman Speaks

Welcome

Hi visitors! This blogsite is really intended to be a place for freedom of expression which I find I need in my life right now. It's my honest viewpoint, you may be able to see it and you might not. Your comments and opinions are welcome. IW

About Me

I'm a forty something happily married housewife, proud to be mom and homeschool teacher. Generic American variety. I am also invisible....well sort of

Credits

Original artwork by Melody Wilson. :)

This template made by and copyright cmbs
To every thing there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven. Eccl. 3:1

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Life is Good Today



Last month I went to the women's brunch at my church. While I was there a few of us got to talking about books, and I mentioned that I like to read and wanted to start a book club.
One of the women, says "Have you read 'Blue Like Jazz'?"
Well, no I'd never heard of it.
"You have to read it, I'll bring it to you tomorrow".
Um, okay, you don't know me but you have a book you think I'll like, cool beans.
Next day, she's there with this book. She couldn't tell me what it was about, but she says I'm going to like it. Needless to say, I wasn't as sure as she was that I'd like it at all! But, she did bring it to me and heck I am a reader when I have the time so...

I love this book! By page four I was hooked. It's really not so much about anything, but the author Donald Miller is just talking about his life and stories and recollections of his past. What captured me about this book is the way he writes. He paints pictures with his words like art. He is open and shares his feelings very honestly, which is something most men don't seem to do ever, much less in a public way like this. I'm deeply touched. So, anyone looking for a good read, if you haven't already read it, check it out!

I'm feeling so much better now that I'm not sick. It's amazing how low I felt and now how strong and healthy I feel. My best friend in CA called me last night. I love her dearly. She says life is like going through labor, sometimes you have contractions and they are very difficult and painful, other times you get a rest, and it feels good. (She is a nurse and works with babies) I like that. It's much easier to look at those painful moments as a contraction, which will in fact ease up and you will have those moments of peace in between. It's how we grow, and change. Life is about growing, learning and becoming. So, it made me feel much better of course. Not only that the pain is gone, but also just having a friend, who understands and encourages. When you're having the contraction, it feels like the pain is never going to stop, but it always does. Life is like that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had a friend send me a book in the mail that she said I would like. I love that.

Cory said...

I love when people recommend books. I'll put that one on my list. And I love your friend's idea on life. That's something I'll have to remember!

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hmmm, sounds like an interesting book ... have to keep an eye out for it. I always love reading stuff others recommend.
Have a great week.
Take care, Meow

Anonymous said...

Yoooo Hooooo....

Invisible Woman.....

I no see you....